I'm really excited about this challenge! I like the idea of challenging myself to read books that fit the topics so I will pick up things that I wouldn't necessarily read otherwise. Here's my (tentative) list of books I'm going to read for the challenge topics. The ones that are bold I have completed!
The Winter Challenge
1. Read A Book with a color in the title (red, blue, black Ect.).
Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon
2. Read A Book with a number in the title (1, 2, 3, etc.).
No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency
3. Read A Book with the book Love in the title.
Love Walked In by Maris de los Santos
4. Read a Book with a type of Candy in the title (chocolate, bon bons, etc.)
The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
5. Read a Book with an animal in the title (dog, horse, cat, etc,)
The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
6. Read the Book that has been on your TBR pile the longest?
7. Take 10 titles off you TBR Pile (minus the one above if you do it) and put the titles of each on a piece of paper. Then put in hat scramble them up and pick one out. Read that book.
Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
8. Read a Mystery Book.
9. Read a Book with a winter word in the title (snow, ice, sleet, cold, etc.)
The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
10. Read a Book where an African-American is the main character. (February is African American history month)
Jazz by Toni Morrison
10 Point Tasks
1. Read a Non-fiction book.
Three Cups of Tea
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Against Medical Advice by James Patterson
2. Read a Book with January, February, or March in the title.
The March by EL Doctorow
3. Read a Book whose title contains a body part (heart, toe, finger, etc.)
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
4. Read a Book by an author you have never read before.
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
5. Read a Romance Novel
6. Read a Historical Fiction Book.
Sin in the Second City
7. Read a book with the name of a city, country, continent in the title.
The Chicago Way by Michael Harvey
8. Read a Book about music
9. Read a book about a celebrity
10. Read a Young adult book.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
15 Point Tasks
1. Read a book with an occupation in the title.
The Master Butcher’s Singing Club
2. Read a book that you have already seen the movie for.
The Devil Wears Prada
3. Read a banned book.
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
4. Read a Book written by an African-American Author
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
5. Read a Fiction or Non-fiction book about a politician or politics
6. Read a book in a series and the one that follows it.
4th and 5th Sookie Stackhouse books
7. Read a book from the 1001 books list.
8. Read a book from a bestsellers list.
The Shack by William P. Young
9. Read a Fiction or Non-fiction book about Football, Basketball, or Hockey.
Bleachers by John Grisham
10. Read a book you read in High School.
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
25 Point Tasks
1. Read a book and then watch the movie
The Golden Compass
2. Read a Book than cook a meal inspired by it.
Outlander and Scottish Eggs (not a meal but Hubs has been begging me to make them)
3. Read a book over 700 pages.
2666 by Roberto Bolaño