5 Point Tasks:
1. In Honor of Mother’s Day read a book about motherhood (fiction or non-fiction) or with the word mother in the title.
· Jewel by Bret Lott
2. Read a book that is released in April, May, or June of 2009.
· Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
3. Read 2 of your favorite childhood chapter books.
· The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis and Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls
4. Read a book with a one-word title.
· Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
5. Read a book with a flower or plant in the title.
· The Winter Rose
· The Mask of the Black Tulip
6. Read a book with a Spring word in the title (Ex: rain, sun, showers, Easter, Grass, Egg)
· The Art of Racing in the Rain
7. Read a book with one of these words in the title: Old, New, Borrowed, Blue, or wedding (As June is the big wedding month)
8. Close your eyes and point to a book on your bookshelf/tbr pile and read that book.
9. Read a book about Baseball.
· The Last Days of Summer by Steve Kluger
10. Read a book with the name of a character or person in the title.
· Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
10 Point Tasks:
1. Listen to an audio book.
· Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
2. Read a collection of short stories/ poetry.
3. Read a book that takes place in your city/state.
· A Cold Day in Paradise by Steve Hamilton
4. Read a book written by a Hispanic author.
· Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
5. Read a book by a Gay, Lesbian or Transgender author or with a GLT character.
· Dress Your Family In Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
6. Read a Classic.
· Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
7. Read a book where the main character is a child.
· The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
8. Read a book your Husband/Significant other picked for you.
9. Read a True Crime Book.
10. Read a book about a war/soldier
· They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky
15 Point Tasks:
1. Read one of the NBC books (April, May, or June) and participate in the discussion.
· A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle (April book)
2. Read a book that was required of you to read in High School that you didn’t finish or appreciate.
· The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. Read a book from the 1001 books you should read before you die.
· Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
4. Finish a book you started and never finished (You can’t be more than half way through). · Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling
5. Read the book that has had a movie counterpart released in 2009.
· Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
6. Read a book with the title format "The _____'s ______." (like The Pilot's Wife, The Time-Traveler's Wife, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, etc)
7. Read a Pulitzer Prize winner.
· The Road by Cormac McCarthy
8. Read a book where the character/or author has the same first name as you or your husband/significant other.
9. Read a book that was released the year you were born.
· The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike
10. Hook up with a nestie and read the book they tell you to.
25 Point Tasks:
- Stephen King/Richard Bachman novel
· The Mist by Stephen King
- Historical fiction AND a nonfiction on the same subject
- Read a book from genre you do not normally
· Enduring Justice by Amy Wallace
- Read a book and cook a meal inspired by it
- Book inspired by a song you like. Write song verse/haiku and share on NBC · The Host by Stephanie Meyer
If you have any ideas for the categories that are blank, feel free to leave a comment with a suggestion! Some of the ones (like "read a book with a one word title") have so many options that I didn't want to commit to one in writing so I can just read whatever I feel like. But others I just don't have any ideas for yet!