Monday, April 6, 2009

Musing Monday: Keeping track


Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca.

As a follow up to last week's question, Joseph asked how you keep track of your tbr list. Do you have a paper list or on your computer? Do you take it with you when you go shopping? How do you decide what gets added to it?


I don't have a formal TBR list. I have a big wish list on PaperBackSwap (which gets added to when I find blog entries for books I feel like I HAVE to read) and occasionally, I add to a large post-it note list that I keep at my desk and take with me to the monthly library book sale. Other than that, I just try to remember covers and authors when I'm browsing at the bookstore. Most of the time, when I go to the bookstore, I'm going to make a specific purchase so I really don't need a list.

Overall, I just don't like making a formal TBR list because while I am an avid list-maker, I like to be able to check things off of the list which would make me feel the need to attack a TBR list in the order in which I write them down and books would probably get added to it faster than I read them. That would just take all the fun out of deciding what to read next!

On a non-MM note, the Michigan State Spartans are playing for the men's basketball championship tonight and I will be there (in Detroit) cheering them on!!!! The game on Saturday was SOOOO much fun so I can only imagine how awesome it will be tonight! Hopefully we come away with the W, but even if we don't, what a great season!!!! Oh, and I'm really glad that every fan that came to Detroit from North Carolina gets to experience the awesome Michigan weather! Saturday it was 60 and sunny (I got sunburned a little while tailgating!!!) and today there's 4 inches of snow. Yup. Gotta love it.

2 comments:

  1. How awesome that you are at the game. I am watching right now and they are 20 points behind! UNC is playing so well, but there still is hope for our Spartans! Go green!

    My TBR list is a disgrace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which style are you looking links of london for?Your two main choices would be a solitaire or links london bracelet a cluster style. The solitaire has a single gem london links charms in the middle of the ring with no other stones on the ring, whereas the cluster has a larger jewel set in the middle of the ring and smaller links of london watches sale stones surround it. After deciding on which style you prefer you can move discount links of london rings towards deciding on a stone to place in the setting.Does your future wife prefer any stone to the others? A pearl is a classic stone that has cheap links of london necklaces been adored throughout the ages; many women love its elegance. Two beautiful stones you might want to cheap links of london earrings consider would be the stunning blue sapphire or the rich red ruby. Both elegant stones can stand sweetie bracelet in their own sophistication and beauty.

    ReplyDelete