Thursday, March 5, 2009

BTT: The best books I've never read



I love today's topic!

We’ve all seen the lists, we’ve all thought, “I should really read that someday,” but for all of us, there are still books on “The List” that we haven’t actually gotten around to reading. Even though we know they’re fabulous. Even though we know that we’ll like them. Or that we’ll learn from them. Or just that they’re supposed to be worthy. We just … haven’t gotten around to them yet.
What’s the best book that YOU haven’t read yet?


Wow oh wow. I'm pretty sure that my list of books that I should read but haven't yet is HUGE. I usually go off of the 1001 books to read before you die list to find books that I haven't read that I should. Also, I check out the bestseller list. From those lists, I find that these books are the highest up on my list of best books I've never read:
  • Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Shack by William P. Young (I just love a good controversy)
  • The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings/etc. by JRR Tolkein
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Well, I'm sure I'll get to them someday! It just doesn't help when you get new books ALL the time...the piles just grow and grow!

1 comment:

  1. I like The Hobbit much better than The Lord of the Rings. You must read Jane Eyre.

    ReplyDelete