Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: The Chocolate War




Teaser Tuesdays are hosted by Miz B. They ask you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please, no spoilers!!

"Well, there's all kinds of rumors around the school. First of all, a lot of kids think that The Vigils are in on the deal, that Renault still isn't selling them because he's still carrying out the assignment."

p. 139 The Chocolate War by Robert Comier

This is a frequently banned book that I've decided to read for the Winter Book Challenge. I'm really enjoying it! What a great concept...a high school kid who goes against the whole school including the school's secret "gang." It's a shame that people try to block such great books from students.

6 comments:

  1. Why was it banned, sounds harmless. Good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I read this book in the '70's when I was in jr. high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting tease. I remember seeing this book in my school libraries, but I never got around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess i have been living under the proverbial rock, I never heard of this.
    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of it, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know this was a banned book.

    ReplyDelete