Monday, February 23, 2009

Musing Mondays: The Library


Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca.
Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about the library…
How often do you visit the library? Do you have a scheduled library day/time, or do you go whenever? Do you go alone, or take people with you?

I probably visit the library about once every other week. My library's check out period is 2 weeks so I tend to stop back in sometime in the second week, once I've finished my books. It's only about a mile or so from my house making it really easy to take a trip to the library whenever the mood strikes me. Usually, I just stop in after work, before heading home. Since lately I've had a specific list of books that I want, I normally just run in, grab what I want, and run out. It's only been taking me 10-15 minutes to find what I'm looking for. My library is teeny tiny!!

I almost always go alone to the library. Hubs is only an occasional reader and is not very good at finding things that he would like to read, especially with our library's limited selection. He tends to get bored quickly and then hang out at my shoulder asking me if I'm done yet. Definitely not a good time for me! Although he did do good at the monthly library sale this past Friday! We stopped at it for the first time after having dinner out and oh my gosh! I'm going to go every month now! He was very patient as I sorted through the boxes of books and didn't say anything about our full bookshelves as I walked out with 8 new books! Of course it helps that I only spent $2.75 on them. Paperbacks are a quarter and hardcovers are a dollar. What a bargain! Next book sale though, I think that I'll go alone. Since he was there, I was careful not to spend too much time looking at books I had never heard of because I didn't want to push my husband's patience by reading back covers or first pages. I could have spent a lot longer there than I did...oh and next time I'll be bringing a reusable shopping bag to fill up!

No comments:

Post a Comment